In the spirit of the holidays and giving back to the community, Boost Media was proud to volunteer at Saint Anthony’s Foundation in San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood. The Boosters went down this week to prepare and serve meals in their impressive new Dining Room.
Our new Graphic Designer, Kayla Chun, talked about how much she enjoyed volunteering with her fellow Boosters. About the organization itself, she noted, “I like how organized St. Anthony is, how they delegate tasks and especially the orientation in the beginning to help us get into the right mindsets.” During the preliminary orientation, we learned some impressive facts about Saint Anthony’s:
- 15,000 people, including women and children, live on the street and in shelters, and thousands more use free food programs to stretch budgets that don’t quite cover food, clothing, medical expenses, and San Francisco rents.
- 12,000 families and individuals live in rooms without kitchens in San Francisco.
- 3,000 meals served daily at St. Anthony’s Dining Room. Every year, more people turn to St. Anthony’s for help.
- 100 years ago, the original St. Anthony’s Dining Room was built to be used as an auto repair shop. While the need increases, the building and equipment get older. Old equipment and an obsolete building design restrict and slow down service.
- 40% of all the free meals served in San Francisco are served by St. Anthony’s.
- 1 dining room in San Francisco serves free meals every day of the year–the Dining Room at St. Anthony’s.
Saint Anthony’s has been a vital establishment in the San Francisco community, and offers a variety of great volunteer opportunities. To learn more about getting involved, click here.
About Boost Media
Boost Media increases advertiser profitability by using a combination of humans and a proprietary software platform to drive increased ad relevance at scale. The Boost marketplace comprises over 1,000 expert copywriters and image optimizers who compete to provide a diverse array of perspectives. Boost’s proprietary software identifies opportunities for creative optimization and drives performance using a combination of workflow tools and algorithms. Headquartered in San Francisco, the Boost Media optimization platform provides fresh, performance-driven creative in 12 localized languages worldwide.