We’re doing something different this week. Rather me tell you which ad won, you’re going to have to see if you can pick the winning ad.
This week features two ads for stimudents. One of the ads below won by 98%.
I’ll reveal the correct answer in just a minute in case you can’t figure it out. But first, here’s my analysis of why it won.
1. The new ad uses the KeyWord function to feed back the exact phrase the searcher types. This ad-to-search match often produces higher click-thru rates.
2. The new ad clarifies what a stimudent is by adding the phrase “Plaque Removers.” This will help catch searchers who are typing more generic terms like “remove plaque.”
3. The old ad is focused on features, while the new ad includes a powerful benefit: “Remove Plaque Fast”
4. The new ad still mentions “Free Shipping,” but places this at the end of the ad instead of the beginning, which gives it a lot more punch.
5. The new ad is ordered better. Its order is “product, benefit, offer” — while the order of the old ad is “offer, feature” — which is a little bit backwards.
In case it wasn’t clear, PPC Ad #1 was the winner. It was written by “patrickfromtherock,” and it beat the control ad by 98%.
Why do you think the new ad won? If you have any thoughts to contribute, please leave a comment below.
About the Author: Ryan Healy is a direct response copywriter and BoostCTR writer. Since 2002, he has worked with scores of clients, including Alex Mandossian, Terry Dean, and Pulte Homes. He also writes a popular blog about copywriting, advertising, and business growth.