Our friends over at WordStream are launching a new suite of keyword research tools today and to celebrate have created a great bundle of keyword research resources that they’re giving away in their free keyword research kit. The kit’s own landing page gives you the run down on all the great stuff available with the free download, including:
- The Keyword Research Cheat Sheet – This PDF offers a bird’s-eye view of what keyword research is, what it isn’t, and why it’s important. This cheat sheet is helpful for quickly orienting those new to the concept of keyword research, from first-time hires to executives.
- The Ultimate Guide to Keyword Competition – 35 of the biggest names in SEO weighed in on how to best determine the competitiveness of a keyword – there are tons of great insights from experts like Rand Fishkin and Aaron Wall on how to determine whether a keyword is really something you can reasonably hope to rank for.
- Guide to Keyword Research for Social Media – In this guide we offer highly specific tips and processes for leveraging keyword research to generate more traffic and attention through social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Keyword Monitoring Worksheet – This tool allows you to plug in your keyword data every month and monitor trends in your rankings, traffic from SEO, and ultimately how your organic search engine marketing efforts are helping to drive your business.
- 4 Steps to Better Keyword Grouping – This white paper explains how to organize your keywords into actionable, Google-friendly groups in an easy four-step process.
The freebies are helping promote WordStream’s new Keyword Research Suite, where they’ve added a lot of functionality to their existing free tools and bundled them together in a really interesting low cost free keyword tool – the post announcing the release has more info on what’s included in the kit, such as:
- The Biggest Keyword Research Database on the Planet – Keyword research is a game wherein you need to anticipate what people are actually searching on, then craft content or ads around those themes. To ensure keyword research success, it’s important that the keyword research tools you’re using are backed up by a ton of keyword data. That’s why we compiled a database of over a TRILLION search queries (1,000,000,000,000!) through partnerships with ISPs, search engines (not just Google) and browser toolbar providers. It’s the biggest and most diversified keyword research database on the planet!
- The Most Accurate Keyword Research Data – Keyword suggestion tools are even more helpful if they provide accurate statistics. Our Keyword Research Suite now includes super-accurate keyword data including estimated global monthly search volume, average cost-per-click, and estimated keyword competition level.
- The Coolest Keyword Research Tools – In addition to our huge keyword database, we wanted to provide an awesome set of productivity tools to help you efficiently analyze and act on keyword research data, including a keyword niche finder to identify clusters of related keyword opportunities, tools for grouping your own keyword data, and even a proactive tool for finding negative keywords for PPC.
Both the free kit and paid keyword tools are definitely worth taking for a spin if you’re looking to learn keyword research fundamentals or get some new keyword ideas for your PPC campaigns.